Can You Dig It | Affordable Vegan Menu
By Team Dirty
Sep 15, 2023
Looking to save a little money? Has it been a while since you grocery shopped? This flavor-packed plant based meal plan has you covered! Featuring pantry essentials like spices and canned goods with options for subbing different beans, grains, and veggies to use what you have on hand, it’s the perfect plan for when the budget is tight or you just can’t get to the store. There’s even a scrumptious pantry-friendly bonus recipe. Don’t miss it!
We’ll show you exactly what to buy, and include clear directions for batch cooking, as well as how to put meals together. Just follow along for five nights of incredible plant based meals.
- Detailed grocery list, broken down by department. No more aimless wandering through the grocery store aisles.
- Prep list. We provide you with an optional step-by-step prep list that guides you through the necessary pre-cooking tasks. This means less chaos in the kitchen and more confidence
- Batching directions. Our easy-to-follow batching instructions will have you efficiently preparing the base components of your meals, allowing you to assemble incredible dishes on meal night with minimal fuss.
- Meal night directions. Our meal night instructions ensure that every dish is plated to perfection, ready to tantalize your taste buds and satisfy your hunger.
Now let’s dig in to what’s on the vegan menu this week!
Gourmet Plant Based Meal Plan
Our Kick-ass Kidney Bean & Rice Bowl is full of tender kidney beans seasoned to perfection, sauerkraut, a creamy dairy-free cheesy sauce, and avocado. Its yummy flavors are reminiscent of Polish classics.
Delicious Creamy Cannellini & Veggie Chowder and Southern-style Cornbread Muffins is packed with potatoes, lima beans, spinach, and cannellini beans. Served with tender cornbread muffins on the side for a warm, filling meal.
Pan-roasted beans and broccoli hang out with simple roasted butternut squash in our Roasted Butternut Squash Couscous Bowl with Smoky Paprika Sauce. The Smoky Paprika Sauce is a member-favorite for a reason. Check it out!
It’s a big, comforting bowl of deliciousness! One of those recipes that might seem ho-hum when you read it, but it packs a flavor punch!Suzanne, Plant Fueled Life member
The Sweet & Smoky Black Bean Burgers feature a warm pita pocket stuffed with cheesy sauce, avocado, and our yummy veggie burgers. They’re served alongside a fun twist on a vegan Waldorf salad with apple, celery, grapes, and walnuts for good vibes.
Our Quick Curried Chickpeas over Lemon Parsley Rice contains all the warming flavors you’re dreaming of in a loaded bowl overflowing with plant based goodness!
Bonus recipe alert! Fall in love with our Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Scones, which are fun at afternoon tea, brunch, or for dessert. Yum!
I make these so often I don’t even need the recipe anymore! They are a weekly treat at our house and they go fast.Tamara, Plant Fueled Life member
Eat plants and save money
Simple Can You Dig It
Short on time, too? We got you! Simple Can You Dig It is a plant based meal plan made using pantry staples that’s been streamlined to also save you time in the kitchen. Just devote 1.5 to 2 hours to batch cooking the bulk of your food over the weekend, and your weeknights will be smooth sailing. Here’s what’s on the simple vegan menu.
- Kick-ass Kidney Bean & Rice Bowl
- Creamy Cannellini & Veggie Chowder and Toasted Baguette
- Cheesy Southwest Casserole with Avocado & Cilantro
- Loaded Apple Orchard Salad
- Quick Curried Chickpeas over Lemon Parsley Rice
Plant based on a budget
Eating plants doesn’t have to be expensive. In fact, one member of Team Dirty feeds her plant based family of five for less than $2 per day! Focusing on whole foods while cutting out meat, dairy, eggs, and oil is good for your body, good for the environment, and good for your wallet. Plus, it’s damned delicious.
Let us prove it to you. Sign up for our free trial today.
Other plant based meal plans that’ll save you money
This meal plan is tagged as:
More of our plant based meal plans
10-day risk-free trial Get access to this meal plan
No credit card or perfection required.