73: Faux Meat
This episode is a tad sweary.
Whether you’re a fan of faux meat or not, it’s here to stay. In this episode, I offer my perspective on why faux meat can be helpful but not always necessary. Not all faux meats are created equal. There are beef-like burgers that are highly processed, lab-engineered, and designed to look, feel and taste like real meat.
There’s the other end of the spectrum, where faux meat products are minimally processed and made with things like beans, oats, beets, etc. Let’s dive in with this episode!
Read the article on the blog:
We have hundreds of recipes in Plant Fueled Life that can replace overly processed faux meats. They have loads of flavor and nutritional value! Here are some of our member favorites:
- Marinated Carrot Dogs
- Zesty Italian Tofu Crumbles
- Tofurger Crumbles
- Baldwin Park Burgers
- Cheesy Badass Black Bean Burgers
- Portobello Smash Burger
- It’s Possible Beet Burgers
- All whole food plant based burgers
Free recipes on our blog
- Whole Food Plant Based Pizza Burgers
- THE Best Vegan Burger Recipe for Meat Eaters
- Plant Based Chorizo Tofu Crumbles
Clean Food Dirty Girl helps people eat more plants while celebrating human imperfection.
Subscribe to our podcast for plant based eating inspiration and permission to be perfectly imperfect. Share in awkward moments we all have and find strength and beauty in challenging times. Let’s expand our capacity to hold our dreams and goals. Please note: Molly doesn’t curse all the time, but this podcast is a tad sweary.
- Sign up for our free 10-day trial to Plant Fueled Life
- Join Plant Fueled Life to get instant access to the tools and accountability you need to start changing your life today.
- Subscribe to Molly’s Sweary Saturday Love Letters
- Join our thriving private Facebook group (you don’t have to be plant based or be a member of Plant Fueled Life)
- Follow us on Instagram for drool-worthy food pics and bouts of inspiration
- Check out our blog with loads of free whole food plant based recipes and inspiration
- Plants change lives – see health makeovers and more with our Plant Fueled Life members reviews.
Try Plant Fueled Life free for 10 days
Transform your food and life. No credit card or perfection required.