By Molly Patrick
Apr 17, 2013
WARNING: This easy vegan cashew cheese is addictive! You WILL want more. You’ll dream about it and you’ll make it again and again. You’ll probably even want to roll it up and smoke it. It’s THAT good.
Not only is this vegan cashew cheese delish times infinity, it’s super versatile so you can easily have a batch in your fridge at all times and ad to ALL the things.
Join our private Facebook group and share a picture after you make it. We have the best private Facebook group in the world. That’s because all assholes are promptly removed. #noNeedForBullshit
- 1 cup cashews soaked in 3 cups of water for at least 1 hour. 130g, 709 ml
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice 10ml
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 3g
- 2 turns fresh black pepper
- 1/4 cup water 60ml
- Soak, drain and rinse cashews.
- Place in a food processor, along with lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
- Pulse for about 1 minute to combine ingredients.
- Add water and process until completely smooth, about 2 -4 minutes.
- Is it seriously that simple? Yes lovers, it is. xo
- Turn off the food processor and scrape down the mixture from the sides a couple of times while processing (but be sure to turn off your food processor before you do this. Seems obvious but we've all had our blonde moments).
- This is an awesome base recipe. From here, feel free to play around and add other yummy ingredients (Chives and garlic sound awesome to me!)
- If all you have are roasted cashews, you can use them. The reason I use raw cashews is because they are most nutritious in their raw form.