By Molly Patrick
Jan 4, 2020,
When most people think about salad they visualize a little bowl with some sad, limp lettuce, topped with a couple chunks of underripe tomato, some old slices of cucumber, and then drenched with bottled salad dressing. This type of salad isn’t something that people go out of their way to have for lunch.
One of the fears of going plant based, is people think they are doomed for a life of salads, twigs and berries. I’ve been plant based for a long time, and if I had to eat nothing but salads, twigs and berries, I wouldn’t want to be plant based either!
Trust me, if you follow our meal plans you will be delighted with the assortment, variety, taste, texture, and range of meals you will eat. We do have salads in our meal plans, but they aren’t your average sad, limp salads, and I can promise you, they will NEVER have twigs in them.
They are robust and bursting with ingredients.
They have a satisfying texture.
They are substantial and fill you up.
They are delicious and not at all boring.
And the best part? They leave you feeling so good and energized that you will surprise yourself when you randomly start craving salad instead of french fries. I see it happen all the time.
Today I’m showing you how I make my salads, which I like to call Big Ass Salad (or BAS for short).
Watch the video below to see how you can makeover your salads. Just wait, you will be craving salad in no time!
Are you pumped to make and devour a Big Ass Salad? Talk to me about it in the comments below!
- Lettuce, chopped (any kind works)
- Mixed greens, chopped
- Mint, chopped
- Parsley, chopped
- Kohlrabi, peeled and grated
- Fennel, thinly sliced
- Celery, chopped
- Carrot, chopped
- Kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Apple, diced
- Sprouts (any kind)
- Avocado, sliced
- Miso Tahini Dressing
- Toasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- In a huge salad bowl, add a generous amount of lettuce and mixed greens.
- Sprinkle some mint and parsley on top and then gently toss together.
- Add some kohlrabi, fennel, celery, and carrot and gently toss again.
- In a circle around the salad, add some kidney beans, apple, sprouts, sauerkraut, hummus, and avocado.
- Drizzle with dressing and top with seeds.
- Right before you eat, take a pair of salad tongs and toss the salad a few times so everything gets mixed up.
- Eat directly from the bowl or place in big salad bowls if you’re sharing.
Wishing you a happy week. May it be filled with eating like you give a fuck.
Fall in love with plant based cooking
Are you ready to live a Plant Fueled Life?
Love the food that loves you back
Get instant access to thousands of plant based recipes and meal plans, no credit card or perfection required.