By Molly Patrick
Jan 30, 2021,
Plant based single mom Cathena Campbell is a mom of two teenage girls and she works full time as a Nurse Case Manager. She follows our meal plans and cooks for herself and her kiddos every week.
Since eating a whole food plant based diet she has enjoyed better sleep, improved gut health, and more energy. I recently sat down with Cathena to find out how she fits it all in.
Here are three things you will walk away with from watching this video:
- How using our Meal Plans as a loose blueprint allows you to make them work with your life and your schedule.
- Cathena’s tricks for simplifying the batch cooking process to avoid overwhelm.
- Why giving yourself wiggle room when eating a whole food plant based diet can actually be more beneficial than being super strict.
A quick warning that we use adult language in this talk.
Thank you for taking the time to chat with me, Cathena. You are inspiring and you kick so much ass!
- 1½ cups raw cashews, soaked in water for 1 hour
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in water for 10 minutes (can soak with the cashews)
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon coconut aminos
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Apples for serving (choose your favorite!)
- While your cashews and dates are soaking, toast your pecans. Heat a small skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the pecans and cook until lightly browned and toasty, stirring often, about 4–5 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn. Remove from the heat to cool.
- Drain the cashews and dates (discard the soaking water) and place them into your food processor. Add the water, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, coconut aminos, and salt. Process until completely smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add the toasted pecans and pulse just until the pecans are mixed in, about 6–8 pulses.
- Slice your apples and arrange the slices around your bowl of Dip and dunk away!