Dirty Girl Kathryn Peulicke Changes Her Life After Her Kiddos Fly The Nest (video) + Wilted Garlicky Bok Choy
By Molly Patrick
May 26, 2018,
I have a super inspiring chat for you that I had with Dirty Girl, Kathryn Peulicke. After Kathryn’s kiddos left home she had lots of time to focus on other things apart from being a mom. She quickly realized that it had been a long time since she took care of herself. So she did something about it and now she (and her hubster) is kicking SO MUCH ass!
Here’s a bit about her and her man from Kathryn herself. Read this and then watch my video chat with Kathryn below!
“When my husband agreed to support me in this WOE for 30 days, he did so with one very clear and agreed upon condition, that he be allowed to go back to his meats, cheeses and butter at day 31!
The thought of giving up his favorite foods filled him with anxiety and he wanted a safety net, sure he could do 30 days to support me and help me change my bad habits, but had zero interest or intentions of changing his own. And I was ok with that, I had unsuccessfully tried to pressure him into a better diet 11 or 12 years previously, so I had no delusions that I would “change” him this time around.
All I wanted/needed was his support this time, so that I could change my habits without the added temptations of him eating different foods and was extremely grateful for his 30 day commitment.
I batched five Dirty Girl Meal Plans in that first 30 days and he ate alongside me, bite for bite and vowed not to cheat. It was an incredibly exciting time as we were tasting new and exciting foods, shedding a few pounds, using exotic spices, heck I was even learning how to cook and Brian was getting a much needed break from being the household cook. And while he was pleasantly surprised at how flavorful and delicious the food was, he remained adamant that it was only a temporary commitment and was looking forward to the burger he would eventually reward himself with.
Brian was surprised to notice that many of his chronic conditions had significantly lessened after just a couple of weeks, and by week four he had complete relief of the lower back and knee pain he had been dealing with, it was as if the chronic inflammation had simply left his body!
The real kicker was when his early stage ED (Erectile Dysfunction) symptoms completely reversed! In 21 years together I had never seen anything as impressive as a Plant Based erection! You give a man back his college wood and there are zero arguments to be had. When he realized that the ED symptoms were also the early warning signs/classic symptoms of Cardiovascular Disease, he proclaimed that he would never again trade his health for a cut of meat or a slice of cheese, no way was he ever putting that stuff back into his body!
And I’m thrilled to say that he’s held to that conviction and is in his now eighth month on the Meal Plans with me! We are not just transforming our bodies with this WOE, we are transforming our health, prolonging our lives and more importantly, enhancing the quality of our day to day life! We are not just living longer, we are living better!”
Video Chat with Kathryn below.
Kathryn and Brian, before WFPB and after!
The infamous Ramen noodle photo!
Kathryn, you and Brian fill my heart with so much joy and I KNOW you will inspire many people to rethink their diet and give plants a chance. Thank you for sharing your story with us!
- 1 bunch bok choy (about 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 lbs. / 560 – 680g)
- 4 roasted garlic cloves, minced (link below the recipe)
- 1 tablespoon brown sesame seeds
- Coconut Aminos, to taste
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Make sure you have roasted garlic made before you make this recipe. Check out the Notes below for a perfectly roasted oil free garlic recipe.
- Slice the end off your bok choy and discard. Place the bok choy into a large bowl and fill with cold water. Swish around using your fingers or a vegetable brush and gently scrub them until thoroughly clean. The grit will fall to the bottom of your bowl. Lift the leaves out of the bowl and give them a quick rinse under the faucet before placing them onto a clean kitchen towel to dry.
- Discard the water from the bowl and give it a rinse. Add the minced roasted garlic to the bowl and set aside for now.
- Chop the bok choy, slicing the thicker bottom portions thinner than the leaves (about 1/2 – 1 inch in size). Keep the cut stalks separate from the leaves.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the thicker bok choy stems and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lower heat to medium-low, then add the leaves and sesame seeds to the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the leaves turn bright green and the stems have softened.
- Transfer the bok choy to the bowl with the roasted garlic and add a bit of coconut aminos and stir well to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Wishing you a happy week. May it be filled with taking care of you and yours.
You may also enjoy...
Love the food that loves you back
Get instant access to thousands of plant based recipes and meal plans, no credit card or perfection required.