I’m not going to lie to you, this recipe is some straight up hippie shiz.
It’s crunchy, it’s grainy, it’s nutty.
Let’s petition and see if Berkeley wants this dish as their mascot. Damn Berkeley hippies.
Despite the “granola” feel of this recipe, it is undeniably tasty.
I recommend making this recipe in your (outside) kitchen barefoot, with no bra, sarong tied around your waist and a handkerchief looking top. Your hair should be a little messy with a slight hint of patchouli and preferably in a braid. Also, your legs should be hairy so you should probably get a jump start on this part now.
( it will just taste better if you follow these steps. I have no proof of this but I’m pretty sure I’m right)
Coconut Lime Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Make the Quinoa
1 cup dry quinoa
2 cups water
- Place the water and the quinoa in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to medium / low and simmer for 20 minutes until the water has absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy.
Toast the Coconut
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium / low heat for several minutes.
- Add 1 cup of coconut in an even layer in the pan (you can use dried coconut flakes or shredded dried coconut).
- Cook on medium / low for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. When coconut is brown, transfer to a bowl. Add however much you would like to your breakfast bowl and store the rest for another time.
Get together the rest of your toppings
Squeeze of lime
- Place a portion of quinoa in a bowl and top with toasted coconut, banana, pecans, almond milk, maple syrup and a squeeze of lime.
- Mix together and enjoy.
You can add as much or as little as you want of each topping. Play around and have fun you sexy hippie beast, you.
On another note
You know that glow that some people have? You notice it and it’s kind of annoying, only because you want it and you have no idea how to get this elusive “glow”.
21 Days to awesome is where to start. I wrote for you, with love.