Turmeric Vanilla Latte
Turmeric and vanilla blend beautifully for a flavorful warm beverage.
- ⅓ cup dried dates pitted and simmered in water for 10 minutes, then drained (2.4 oz)
- 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon powder to dust the top
- Take the dates out of the water and place them in your blender along with the soy milk, turmeric powder, vanilla and salt (do not add the water that you simmered the dates in – just discard that).
- Blend until the dates are totally blended, about 2 minutes depending on your blender.
- If you want a cold drink, pour into a glass and drink just like that. Add some ice if you want it extra cold.
If you want it hot:
- Pour into a pot and heat, whisking as it heats.
- Heat until it’s a nice temperature to drink – not too hot.
- Dust the top with a little cinnamon powder and enjoy.
- You can also add some cinnamon powder, cacao powder and / or nutmeg to the blender, along with the rest of the ingredients for an extra yummy kick.
Love the food that loves you back
Get instant access to thousands of plant based recipes and meal plans, no credit card or perfection required.