Simple Miso Soup
- 1 thumb-sized chunk of ginger, peeled and left whole
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced (130 g)
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup miso paste (white or yellow) (65 g)
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon wakame seaweed, cut into wide strips
- Heat a medium-sized pot over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the ginger and the mushrooms and saute for about 3 minutes, stirring often, until the mushrooms are soft. Add a splash of water if the mushrooms stick to the pot.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- When the water starts to boil, turn off the heat and add the miso and the green onions and place a lid on the pot. Let sit for 10 minutes just like this.
- After 10 minutes stir / whisk until the miso is totally dissolved.
- Add the wakame and cover the pot with a lid. Wait 5 minutes for the seaweed to soften before eating.
- You can leave the ginger in the soup and it will continue to add flavor. Just don’t eat the ginger, it is meant to add flavor, not for eating whole.
If you want a more hearty soup, add some cooked soba noodles to your bowl before you ladle in some warm soup.
Wishing you a happy week. May it be filled with imperfection.
Love the food that loves you back
Get instant access to thousands of plant based recipes and meal plans, no credit card or perfection required.