By Molly Patrick
Jun 6, 2017,
Stop right now, take a pause, and look at your body.
Now wrap your ENTIRE body in love and gratitude.
Do this without exception and without being selective. This is your vessel through life. You only get one. And this is it.
If there are parts of your body you don’t like, set aside your dislikes and wrap them in love too.
This might be hard. Do it anyway.
Every inch of your luscious body is part of the beautiful package that makes up YOU.
The parts of your body that you dislike might change, and they might not.
Either way, it’s okay, and they deserve just as much love and gratitude as the rest of you.
Whatever goals, wishes and dreams you have for your body are unique to you, and they should always be respected. This is just a little reminder that your body deserves just as much love, respect, compassion and gratitude today than it does when you reach your goals, wishes and dreams.
And maybe, just maybe, the more love, respect, compassion and gratitude you have for your delicious body, the less in a rush you will be to change.
Whatever your desires are, may you love your whole self through every second of getting there.
Do you struggle with loving your body? Talk to us in the comments below.
Today’s basil crusted baked tofu recipe is super easy and even non-tofu lovers nosh it down without batting an eye.
For more recipes like this, check out Plant Fueled Life, free for 10 days. No credit card or perfection required.
- 1 package tofu extra firm
Basil Crust Mixture
- 2 tablespoons raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take the block of tofu out of the package and rinse with water.
- Next you want to extract as much liquid out of the tofu as possible. If you have a tofu press, feel free to use that. Otherwise, place the block of tofu on a plate and carefully stack some plates on top of it. Make sure the plates are heavy enough to press liquid out of the tofu. Let it set like this for about 20 minutes. When most of the liquid has been extracted, discard the liquid and place the tofu on a cutting board.
- Cut the tofu into thin slabs. You can make them any size in length you want, just make sure they are at least 1/2 inch or so thick. You should be able to get about 9 slabs out of one package of tofu.
- Make the Basil Crust Mixture by placing the almonds, cashews, sesame seeds, basil, oregano, garlic granules and salt into your food processor and processing until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Transfer the mixture to a plate.
- One by one, press each piece of tofu into the mixture, on all sides and on the edges, pressing down so that the mixture sticks to the tofu as best it can. Place each piece of tofu onto the baking sheet, until all 9 pieces are done.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Take out of the oven, flip over each piece of tofu and bake for an additional 15 - 20 minutes, until the tofu is golden brown.
Wishing you a happy week. May it be filled with giving love to parts of you that haven’t seen much love lately and making this basil crusted baked tofu recipe!
You may also enjoy...
Eating Plant Based When Traveling: Arizona and New Mexico – Tips and a Detailed Journal with Pictures + Tamari Roasted Sunflower Seeds
Dr. Elina Tomski Reverses Pre-Diabetes with a Whole Food Plant Based Diet + Broccoli Cabbage Stir Fry
Love the food that loves you back
Get instant access to thousands of plant based recipes and meal plans, no credit card or perfection required.