87: Anthony Masiello Shares His Health Transformation That Superseded the Scale
This episode is a tad sweary.
Imagine you’re morbidly obese. The uncomfortable looks you get on the airplane as people *hope* you don’t choose the seat next to them. You’re sitting on the sidelines at the carnival ride because you’re too big to ride the train with your toddler. Frequent migraines, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, the list goes on.
At age 33 and 360 pounds, these experiences were Anthony Masiello’s reality. He reached a crossroads when he was denied a 20-year life insurance policy. He knew he had to do something different, but where to start? He was already vegetarian and alcohol-free. In January 2006, he committed to losing weight. His New Year’s resolution turned into something much more powerful when he discovered plant based eating.
Tune into this episode to learn how he lost over 160 pounds during a transformation that superseded the scale. Anthony is the Co-Founder and CEO of Love.Life Telehealth, a company that is helping people access lifestyle medicine to make lasting healthy changes.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Start a free 10-day trial to Plant Fueled Life
- Eat to Live by Dr. Fuhrman
- Love.Life Telehealth – Lifestyle Telemedicine
- Love.Life Telehealth on Facebook
- Love.Life Restaurant: 8900 Venice Blvd., Ste. 101, Culver City, CA
- Love.Life Cafe: 545 NW 26th St, Miami, FL 33127
Clean Food Dirty Girl helps people eat more plants while celebrating human imperfection.
Subscribe to our podcast for plant based eating inspiration and permission to be perfectly imperfect. Share in awkward moments we all have and find strength and beauty in challenging times. Let’s expand our capacity to hold our dreams and goals. Please note: Molly doesn’t curse all the time, but this podcast is a tad sweary.
- Sign up for our free 10-day trial to Plant Fueled Life
- Join Plant Fueled Life to get instant access to the tools and accountability you need to start changing your life today.
- Subscribe to Molly’s Sweary Saturday Love Letters
- Join our thriving private Facebook group (you don’t have to be plant based or be a member of Plant Fueled Life).
- Follow us on Instagram for drool-worthy food pics and bouts of inspiration
- Check out our blog with loads of free whole food plant based recipes and inspiration
- Plants change lives – see health makeovers and more with our Plant Fueled Life members reviews.
Try Plant Fueled Life free for 10 days
Transform your food and life. No credit card or perfection required.