12: Plant Based Eating Improves Anna Oplocki’s Mental Health
This episode is a tad sweary.
In this episode, I chat with Anna who was struggling with anxiety and depression. While we hear a lot about the metabolic health benefits of eating plants, we don’t hear much about the potential impact of plant based eating on mental health. The experience of many, including Anna is that adopting a whole food plant based diet was a key step in navigating away from a path of self-destruction and towards a path of self-love.
This chat was originally posted on our website in September 2020
IMPORTANT NOTE: Heads up that suicide is referenced towards the end of our chat. The past couple years have been stressful for many, and there is no doubt that those struggling with depression have had this stress compounded. If this is you, ask for help.
The 988 Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support. Dial 988 if you’re in crisis or having thoughts about suicide.
Clean Food Dirty Girl helps people eat more plants while celebrating human imperfection.
Subscribe to our podcast for plant based eating inspiration and permission to be perfectly imperfect. Share in awkward moments we all have and find strength and beauty in challenging times. Let’s expand our capacity to hold our dreams and goals. Please note: Molly doesn’t curse all the time, but this podcast is a tad sweary.
Connect with us
- Join Plant Fueled Life to get instant access to the tools and accountability you need to start making changes to your life today.
- Subscribe to Molly’s Sweary Saturday Love Letters
- Join our thriving private Facebook group (you don’t have to be plant based or be a member of Plant Fueled Life).
- Follow us on Instagram for drool-worthy food pics and bouts of inspiration.
- Check out our blog with loads of free whole food plant based recipes and inspiration.
- Plants change lives – see health makeovers and more with our Plant Fueled Life members reviews.
- Learn about Molly’s Life Coaching to help you dust off your dreams.
Leave a Comment
Ready to live a Plant Fueled Life?
Here's what our members enjoy.
HI, very interesting chat. So happy you have found something helpful for you. Just wondering if you would share the name of the wellness center in Costa Rica – my granddaughter is currently in need of assistance and we would like to explore this.