By Molly Patrick
Oct 3, 2016,
We try something. We examine the results. We learn. We tweak. We move forward.
We expand. We contract. We shift. We reiterate. We get off balance. We find our footing.
We grow. We change.
We change. We grow.
Everything in life is in a constant state of flux and metamorphosis.
Our diet. Our relationships. Our work in the world. Our thoughts about mortality. Our patience. Our inspiration. Our art. Our cooking. Our bodies. Our outlook on life. Our anger. Our sadness. Our joy.
Every single one of us is a living, breathing piece of art that is forever a work in progress. Never finished. Always radiating a unique beauty at every stage.
So be patient with yourself, my dear and know that the change you seek is also seeking you. Wrap your arms around your magnificent body and give yourself some love. You are right where you need to be. Besides, we never get “there” anyway.
We expand. We contract. We shift. We tweak.
We reiterate. We change. We grow.
Thank you for being part of this amazing community. You truly light up our lives and the Clean Food Dirty Girl community.
You can watch the replay of our very first live Fuckery below. It’s filled with all of my batch cooking tricks to help you spend as little time in your kitchen as possible on your batching day. It does contain adult language, so slap on some headphones if need be.
Did you know that you can make Steel Cut Oats in 10 minutes? This changed my oat game (not a game that I even knew needed changing). Here’s the easiest and fastest way to make Steel Cut Oats on the planet.
If you’re wanting to eat more plant based and are looking to up your healthy eating game, we have you covered with our plant fueled meal plans. Check out the free trial and take a test drive.
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats 100g
- 2 cups water 475ml
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Toasted coconut
- Chopped walnuts
- Non-dairy milk preferably unsweetened
- Rinse the oats in a fine mesh strainer. Tap the strainer against the sink to remove excess water. Place the oats into your Instant Pot, along with the (fresh) water, cinnamon stick, and vanilla. Stir once.
- Lock the lid into place and make sure the nozzle is pointed in the “sealing” position. Use the “manual” setting and set the timer for 10 minutes. Use the “natural release” method when the timer is up.
- When all the pressure is out, remove the lid and stir. The oats will look super watery at first – this is okay – they will thicken as they cool. Allow them to cool completely before you store them in your fridge. Feel free to keep the cinnamon stick in your oats. It will continue to flavor them (just don’t eat it).
- Serve with berries, banana, toasted coconut, chopped walnuts and non-dairy milk when ready to eat.
Wishing you a happy week. May it be filled with honoring your metamorphosis.
Fall in love with plant based cooking
Are you ready to live a Plant Fueled Life?
Love the food that loves you back
Get instant access to thousands of plant based recipes and meal plans, no credit card or perfection required.