Dirty Girl Erin Wisneski Says Goodbye to Seasonal Allergies, Acne and Acid Reflux (video) + Plant Based Lentil Chia Burgers
By Molly Patrick
Sep 2, 2017,
Erin Wisneski is part of our amazing Dirty Girl Community.
She is no stranger to dieting and the low carb frenzy. Her dieting and low carb forays helped her lose weight initially, but she was always miserable during the process. In January 2017, she started on a new path with food and decided to give plants a try.
Seven months later, Erin’s acne is gone, she has no more acid reflux, she has no more seasonal allergies, she sleeps like a baby, her cholesterol is down by half, her blood pressure is now normal, and she has gained a tremendous amount of self confidence and energy. All of this without any medication. In fact, she has gotten OFF from her medications since switching to a Whole Food Plant Based diet. Below are some pics of Erin during her process.
NOTE FROM ERIN.
From L-R: First photo is me at my heaviest about 4 years ago. I spent 3.5 years yo-yo dieting to only lose around 20 lbs. I was miserable and didn’t feel great.
Middle photo was taken this January right before I switched to WFPB.
Last photo was taken a couple weeks ago. In total I’ve lost 40 lbs. (20 lbs before WFPB and then another 20 lbs after WFPB).
Erin is a beautiful human, inside and out, and I was so happy to chat with her about food, dieting, and the power of plants. I know she will inspire many people to trade in animal based foods for more and more whole plant foods.
Check out the video below.
(you’re not the first to think I have resting bitch face. My face gets better, promise)
If you were inspired by Erin’s story and want to give eating plants a shot, sign up for our weekly Plant Fueled Meal Plans here. These are the meal plans that Erin and her hubby use each week.
If you want to test the plant based waters first, try out these plant strong burgers!
- 1 cup red onion, diced (120g)
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms, any variety (180g)
- 1/2 cup diced celery (60g)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, sliced (discard root end and use white and green portions)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils (260g)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (60g)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (40g)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (8g)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (about 5 turns)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Prep and measure out all of your ingredients and set them aside.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes and then add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently and adding a splash of water when they start to stick or look dry.
- Add the mushrooms, celery, garlic and green onion and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and transfer the mixture from your skillet into your food processor, along with the cooked lentils and rolled oats. Pulse 10 – 15 times, until the mixture is coarsely mixed up.
- Transfer the mixture from the food processor to a large mixing bowl and add the chia seeds, parsley, black pepper and salt. Stir the mixture until well combined and then form into 7 equal-sized patties and place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then flip, and bake for another 15 minutes on the other side.
- Top with thinly sliced red onions, fresh tomatoes, lettuce, and plant based mayo when serving!
Wishing you a happy week. May it be filled with inspiration to board the plant train. Choo choo, my love. Choo choo.
You may also enjoy...
Make Healthy Eating Stick With These Surprisingly Easy Tips + a Green Smoothie Recipe That Doesn’t Taste Like Swamp
How I Stuck to Eating a Whole Food Plant Based Diet During my Recent Three Week Trip to Australia (with pics)
Don’t Take People’s Crap About Your Awesome Food Choices + Staple Seasoned Lentils Recipe (Instant Pot and Stove Top)
Love the food that loves you back
Get instant access to thousands of plant based recipes and meal plans, no credit card or perfection required.