Quick, easy and nutritious is the new black!
Seriously, this is probably one of the fastest, yummiest and nutritious meals I’ve made in a while.
You literally just put everything in one pot after the prep and within 10 minutes, you’re gonna have yourself an amazing pasta meal.
Did I also mention that the Walnut Parmesan is equally easy and totally yummylicious at the same time?!
12 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
2 cups cherry tomatoes, de-stemmed and cut in half
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
5 cloves garlic, sliced
1/2 cup packed fresh basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 1/2 cups vegan broth or stock (I use Not Chick’n broth by Edward & Sons)
1 cup walnuts
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
To make the walnut parmesan:
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until there are no more big chunks of walnuts.
- Place pasta in a bowl and top with some chopped fresh basil and walnut parmesan.
To make the pasta:
- Place all of the pasta ingredients into a pot (make sure that the pasta lays flat. If the pasta is longer than your pot, simply break the pasta in half).
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 9-13 minutes (after the pasta comes to a boil) uncovered.
- Liquid should be absorbed but not completely.
How easy was that?
Are you grooving to my jam? Sign up here for my Saturday emails and free Plant-Based recipe ebook. Pucker up!