By Molly Patrick
Jul 30, 2013,
Quick, easy and nutritious is the new black like this plant based one pot pasta.
Seriously, this is probably one of the fastest and yummiest meals I’ve made in a while.
You literally just put everything in one pot, bring it to a boil and in 10 minutes, it’s chow time for this 10 minute plant based one pot tomato pasta with Walnut Parmesan
If you haven’t tried Walnut Parmesan yet, get ready for some wizardry!
Talk to us about it in the comments below over in our private Facebook group after you make it!
- 12 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes de-stemmed and cut in half
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 1/2 cups vegan broth or stock choose one without oil and / or sugar
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
To make the pasta:
- Place all of the pasta ingredients into a pot (make sure that the pasta lays flat. If the pasta is longer than your pot, simply break the pasta in half).
- Stir and bring to a boil. Simmer for 9-13 minutes (after the pasta comes to a boil) uncovered. Liquid should be absorbed but not completely.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and top with Walnut Parmesan when serving.
To make the walnut parmesan:
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until there are no more big chunks of walnuts.
- Place pasta in a bowl and top with some chopped fresh basil and walnut parmesan.
How easy was that, you beautiful human?
Fall in love with plant based cooking
Are you ready to live a Plant Fueled Life?
Love the food that loves you back
Get instant access to thousands of plant based recipes and meal plans, no credit card or perfection required.