By Molly Patrick
Sep 30, 2017
I worked out on Monday.
Like, really worked out.
Like, sweat pouring out of me from places that are definitely meant for OTHER THINGS.
Like, I could feel my heartbeat in my actual throat.
Like, halfway through the workout I felt like throwing up and shitting at the exact same time.
It was the first time I had moved my ass like that in over a year. As I was getting ready for bed that night, I said to Luanne, “I’m really proud of myself for working out.” And it felt deeply satisfying to be proud of myself.
It takes a certain amount of work to be proud of oneself. It takes doing something that you don’t normally gravitate towards. It takes following through on a thought. It takes welcoming discomfort for a certain amount of time. It takes learning something new. It takes investing some of your time. It might even take sweat in your butt crack.
But here’s the thing. None of these undesirable sensations last forever. They will come to an end, and when they do you will feel deeply satisfied and proud of yourself.
And that’s something you can never buy.
So put in the work. Do the time. Feel all the feels. Show up for yourself. And repeat. It’s the only way to get from where you are right now to where you want to be. You are far more capable than you realize, my dear. So go ahead, make yourself proud.
One of the ways to do so is to fuel your and nourish your body with whole plant foods. Lucky for you my team and I are damn good at doing this. Leave the meal planning to us and all you have to do is follow along. Check out our plant fueled meal plans and take a test drive of the free trial.
Do you have a hard time showing up for yourself? Do you always put other people’s needs ahead of yours first? Talk to me in the comments below.
Today’s recipe will satisfy your next crunchy craving without having to buy a bag of potato chips.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 corn tortillas (either 100% corn or sprouted corn)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice, water, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder and salt.
- On a cutting board, place 1 corn tortilla. Using a basting brush, brush both sides with the chili lime mixture. Stack another corn tortilla on top and brush both sides with the chili lime mixture. Continue stacking and brushing on the chili lime mix until all 6 tortillas are in a stack.
- Using a large knife, cut the stack into 6 wedges / chips (like a pie or a pizza). Note: You should have 36 wedges when done.
- Place the wedges / chips on two parchment covered baking sheets so they aren't touching each other. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip the wedges over and bake an additional 8 - 10 minutes, until they are golden and crispy. If using sprouted corn tortillas, they might need the full 10 minutes.
- Cool and then store in an airtight container on your counter.
Wishing you a happy week. May it be filled with going to the post office and shipping your comfort zone far, far away.