Here’s To Your Journey With Plants + Whole Food Plant Based Sweet Potato Bean Hash (oil free)
By Molly Patrick
Nov 21, 2017,
Here’s to waking up every morning with a zing and feeling rested and enthusiastic to start your day.
Here’s to being totally okay with drinking a glass of what looks like swamp every morning.
Here’s to eating until you’re perfectly satisfied instead of restricting calories.
Here’s to loving the food that you never have to avoid.
Here’s to showing your doctor that the power of food can sometimes trump the power of genetics.
Here’s to mother fucking complex carbs.
Here’s to finding kale in your bra and chia seeds in your teeth.
Here’s to people asking what you’ve been up to because you look DAMN good.
Here’s to satisfying shits that happen like clockwork.
Here’s to fruits, veggies, leafy greens, fungi, whole grains, beans, legumes, nuts and seeds for being simple solutions for such complex problems.
Here’s to spending more time in your kitchen and less time in the doctor’s office.
Here’s to your food loving you as much as you love your food.
Here’s to leaving animals alone and eating plants instead.
Here’s to your body deciding when to eat and not the clock.
Here’s to packing T-Crack in your bag when you go out to eat.
Here’s to eating grapes instead of ice cream, not because you feel guilty eating ice cream, but because you truly prefer grapes.
Here’s to falling in love with your body.
Here’s to getting all the protein you need, and then some, from plants.
Here’s to not giving a shit what other people think about your food choices.
Here’s to spending your money on ingredients so you don’t have to spend it on medications.
Here’s to grocery carts bursting with nutrients and colors.
Here’s to feeling energetic and rejuvenated after you eat instead of needing a nap.
Here’s to eating huge, beautiful salads every day, not because you should but because you want to.
Here’s to preventing illness and disease with the food you eat so you don’t have to treat illness and disease because of the food you eat.
Here’s to craving beans and greens.
Here’s to turmeric stained appliances.
Here’s to salad spinners and Instant Pots.
Here’s to finding your tribe.
Here’s to going to bed feeling happy, content and proud of yourself, not because you’re perfect, but because you did your best.
And finally, here’s to you and your love affair with plants. Whether you’re just flirting or it’s hot and heavy. You are right where you’re supposed to be, my love. So don’t let any damn person fuck with your flame.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (about 10 turns)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Great Northern White Beans, or any other white bean (265g)
- 2 cups uncooked sweet potatoes, diced into small, 1/2" pieces (245g)
- 1/2 cup red onion (65g)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced (125g)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced into 1/2" pieces (about 150g)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach, tightly packed (100g / if using regular spinach, chop it up)
- Sunflower seeds and pomegranate seeds for serving
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the water, Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika, salt, black pepper, cumin powder, onion powder, dried crushed rosemary, dried thyme and ginger powder and beans and gently stir until combined. Set aside for now.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes and add the sweet potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. The potatoes will get brown and look dry - that’s okay, just add a tiny splash of water and stir.
- Add the onions and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the mushrooms, apple, garlic and the reserved bean mixture (including the liquid). Continue to cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, so everything gets lightly browned. Your sweet potatoes should be tender but not mushy.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for an additional minute or two, until the spinach is wilted and warm.
- Top with sunflower seeds and pomegranate seeds when serving.
Wishing you a happy week. May it be fueled with plant power.
You may also enjoy...
What to do When Your Partner Isn’t Making the Same Healthy Changes as You + Plant Based Sage-flavored White Gravy (oil-free)
Love the food that loves you back
Get instant access to thousands of plant based recipes and meal plans, no credit card or perfection required.