By Molly Patrick
Apr 1, 2014,
This is whole food plant based fast food at its best.
Make the spice mix in advance and throw it into your bag, along with an avocado and you’ll be ready for anything. The days of it being cool to whip food out of your purse and start munching are coming back, I can feel it.
This is a super good idea for people who get cranky if not fed regularly.
Here are 9 Scenarios that you’ll undoubtedly find yourself in at some point and you’ll want to thank me for this whole food plant based fast food tip.
1. You are on a road trip and starving and your choices are McGross Out or greasy diner hell where the waitresses still smoke when they take your order.
2. You are in an airport and you don’t feel like throwing down $15 for a wilted salad that is yearning to go into the compost, not in your belly.
3. When you are too busy to spend any more time on food than the amount of time it takes to cut open an avocado.
4. After a party when you drank a little too much and you need nourishment before bed (be damn careful cutting the thing open though).
5. When you’re camping, hiking, rock climbing or anything else that requires a trip to REI before you head out.
6. When you’re visiting relatives in Kansas and their idea of healthy eating involves low sodium spam and fat free anything.
7. When you want to impress someone with a snack and you’re hopeless in the kitchen.
8. When you’re an adult and you have braces (yes, this was me two years ago).
9. When you have no bowls or plates to eat from, but you do have a spoon.
Leave a comment below this post and tell me your best whole food plant based fast snack tips.
- 1 avocado (per person)
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules 8g
- 1 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoons coriander powder 2g
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder 2g
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt 4g
- 1 teaspoon onion powder 4g
- Place spices in a small container with a lid and shake until everything is combined.
- Cut open an avocado and take out the pit.
- Place a few sprinkles of the spice mix over the avocado and eat directly with a spoon.
- Save the rest of the spice mix for future use.