By Molly Patrick
Oct 16, 2021,
Beth was inspired to start eating healthier after tragedy struck her family. She found Clean Food Dirty Girl in 2015 and enjoyed the blog and private Facebook group but resisted signing up for the Meal Plans.
Eventually, in 2017 she signed up for the Meal Plans and was shocked by how tasty the recipes were. Her family enjoyed the meals as much as she did!
Eating a whole food plant based (WFPB) diet helped her regain control of her health. Six months later, she went for a check-up and her blood glucose and triglycerides, which had been climbing before the switch, were within normal healthy ranges.
Beth is more active and happy now and credits, in part, our Plant Fueled Meal Plans for helping her find her joy. Over the last four years, she has shared her love of plants not only within her home, but with her community as well.
WFPB wisdom you’ll walk away with after watching today’s chat:
- Meal planning doesn’t have to be stressful or disorganized.
- You can find (or build) a healthy and supportive community if you don’t already have one.
- The importance of nourishing your body so you can feel great in your 60s and beyond.
- It’s normal to be scared or resistant to changing your diet, but it’s so worth it.
Note from Beth, an OG Dirty:
It took me two years, but I finally stopped resisting signing up for the Clean Food Dirty Girl plant based Meal Plans. As a result, I had a great adventure, truly love every meal, and I lost weight and got healthy.
In 2016, Molly wrote, “The path to reaching your goals can be happy…It can be a day at the fucking spa.” I felt encouraged to make a shift, but I didn’t think I needed [the] Meal Plans, so I bought whole food plant based cookbooks [instead].
Well, in 2017, I signed up for the Meal Plans, even though I had doubts. Within six months, my health greatly improved, and my family was healthier too.
The CFDG Meal Plans make my life easier, more organized, and delicious. I never wonder what’s for dinner at 4pm, I just open the fridge! I cook every Meal Plan for my family and for my parents’ caregivers.
It’s been four years of Meal Plans and eating the very best food for me. I look forward to every meal. I’m feeling energetic, happy, healthy, and alive. I swim in the ocean every morning. Following the Meal Plans has given me health, joy, adventure, and community.
Closed captioning available.
You can also listen to this chat on our podcast!
Thank you for chatting with me Beth, I loved connecting with you!
We hope you enjoyed the WFPB wisdom we shared. What resonated with you? How has eating more plants helped your life? Tell us all about it in the comments.
Here are the plant based recipes and Meal Plans discussed in the video:
- #DirtySalad Gourmet Meal Plan
- Tex Mex Lasagna, featured in #TexMex2020 Meal Plan
- Sign up here for our Meal Plans and get cookin’
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (10 turns)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 medium-sized russet potatoes, unpeeled and cut into ½-inch thick fries (945 g)
- Roasted Beet Ketchup (for serving) (recipe in Notes)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, oregano, rosemary, smoked paprika, and black pepper. Set aside for now.
- Place the cut potatoes into a separate mixing bowl and pour the vegetable broth over top. Toss the potatoes with the broth to coat.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture from the small bowl over the potatoes, then toss until they are evenly coated.
- Transfer the potatoes to your baking sheets and spread them out in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes, then flip the pieces over and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
Wishing you a happy week. May it be filled with small acts of kindness.
Fall in love with plant based cooking
Are you ready to live a Plant Fueled Life?
Love the food that loves you back
Get instant access to thousands of plant based recipes and meal plans, no credit card or perfection required.