By Molly Patrick
Sep 23, 2017
Have you ever had an encounter that fills you with so much joy that tears spill out of your eyeballs?
That’s exactly what happened to me when I chatted with Dirty Girl, Lyndsey Hafer-Williams. If you’re in our private Facebook group you know Lyndsey. You see her passionate, energetic and glittery posts about our Plant Fueled Meal Plan meals. And, of course, about pooping!
I love reading Lyndsey’s posts because they showcase beautifully how eating a healthy Whole Food Plant Based diet can uplift someone’s whole life, heal the body, and energize us on the cellular level.
I really wanted to chat with Lyndsey because I knew there had to be a backstory about why she’s so enthusiastic, appreciative and in love with our meal plans. And I was right! After you watch our video chat, you will understand perfectly why Lyndsey is over the moon about being a dirty girl and her WFPB eating ways.
If you have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), if you’ve been a lifetime dieter, or if you have a fucked up and complicated relationship with food… this is a MUST WATCH. By the end of our talk, tears of joy were squirting out of my baby blues, and I wanted to dive through my computer screen and give Lyndsey a massive hug and a huge high five.
She is beautiful, funny, inspiring and radiant. I am honored that she agreed to chat with me and share her Dirty Girl experience with with all of you.
*Adult language disclaimer. Put on headphones if you have little ones around. If you’re offended by the F word, better to just skip the video.
LYNDSEY’S UPDATE: Sept 21, 2017.
8 weeks after this video was recorded.
“I’ve lost 25 lbs (HOLY FUCK!!!)
I shit every day like clockwork, no IBS meds, returned to GI doc and she was stunned/pleased and released me from care. She just asked to call if I need her.
Had a little cancer scare with my thyroid, but biopsy was benign. Endocrinologist has taken me off Synthroid since thyroid panel is now perfect and I’m asymptomatic. Just recheck in one year.
Just had my annual physical at my doc last week. Blood work is beautiful and she’s thrilled with my results on WFPB and wants me to continue!”
To get the weekly meal plans that changed Lyndsey’s life, join here for just $20 a month (cancel anytime). Do you suffer from IBS? Talk to me in the comments below.
After you join the meal plans, come back and try the best collard greens you’ve ever had.
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced (125g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth (homemade or store-bought / 720ml)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (about 10 turns)
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (leave out if you don’t like spicy)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 pound collard greens, thinly sliced (450g / about 14 full cups / discard stem before slicing)
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, adding a splash of water and stirring if they start to stick. Stir in the garlic and cook for 2 additional minutes.
- While this is cooking, take a medium-sized mixing bowl and add the broth, apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika, maple syrup, salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes and whisk to combine.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the pot, along with the bay leaf and the collard greens.
- Give it a stir, cover the pot with a lid and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 45 minutes, stirring once about halfway through. Remove and discard the bay leaf before serving.
Wishing you a happy week. May it be filled with beautiful shits on a regular basis!