By Molly Patrick
Feb 24, 2019,
Dust off your Instant Pot and make this Hearty Breakfast Porridge. It’s filling, dairy-free and delicious.
Instant Pot Ingredients
- 1/4 cup brown or green lentils (50 g)
- 1/4 cup millet (50 g)
- 1/4 cup black rice (50 g)
- 1/4 cup steel cut oats (45 g)
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instant Pot Directions
- Place the lentils, millet, black rice and oats in a fine mesh strainer and rinse well with water. Tap the strainer against the sink to remove as much excess water as possible.
- Transfer the mixture to the Instant Pot (IP), along with the (new) water. Lock the lid into place, making sure the nozzle is in the sealing position.
- Use the Manual (or Pressure Cooking) mode and set the timer for 15 minutes. Use the natural release method when the timer goes off.
- Remove the lid and fluff the grains with a fork and add the vanilla. Cool to room temperature, then promptly store in your fridge.
- Once you have your grains made, heat up however much you want in a saucepan with some non dairy milk. Place in a bowl and top with chopped apple, chopped walnuts and a bit of maple syrup. Add a bit more non dairy milk if you like.
Wishing you a happy week. May it be filled with looking at your struggles in a new light.
You may also enjoy...
Lyndsey Gets Rid of IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) by Following Our Plant Based Meal Plans + Smoky Collard Greens
Love the food that loves you back
Get instant access to thousands of plant based recipes and meal plans, no credit card or perfection required.