Hello my darling. I’m so pleased to present you with the first of a few upcoming conversations that I’m having with Whole Food Plant Based badasses from our very own amazing Private Facebook Group.
Today I’m talking with Frances, a bonafide plant based badass. She started on her Whole Food Plant Based journey only seven months ago – and her results had her doctor shouting from the rooftops (ok, he actually ran up and down the halls of his office, but close e-damn-nough!).
Frances said that this quest she has embarked on is
One of the most liberating experiences of her life.
In this video chat, Frances and I talk candidly about:
- How overwhelming it is with so much conflicting health / food information out there (I’m sure you’ve experienced this too)
- How the simple act of giving yourself permission is a game changer.
- How she lost 55 pounds and got her A1C down from 13.8 to 5.8, allowing her to get off both of her type 2 diabetes meds in just 7 months.
- How when you make badass changes to your diet, and fuel with plants, your attitude about yourself and how you treat your body changes – all for the better.
Watch the video below to hear Frances and I talk about her amazing journey. It was an honor to talk with her and I loved every second of it.
Frances is a delicious human and you will walk away from this chat, uplifted, inspired and ready to make eating whole plant foods priority number one.
To find out more about what the Whole Food Plant Based diet consists of, bounce over here.
To find out more about our weekly plant fueled meal plans that changed Frances’ life, meet me over here and download a free sample meal plan to give it a test run.
Today’s recipe was featured in one of our meal plans awhile back and It’s one of my personal faves. This recipe is surprisingly delish. It sounds pretty good when you read the recipe, but when you eat it, you’re like, Holy shit – I need more.
Refried Bean and Salsa Soup
Refried Bean and Salsa Soup
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder omit if you don’t like spicy
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 turns black pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion diced (65g)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup frozen corn 140g
- 2 medium-large tomatoes diced (about 2 cups / 400g)
- 1 jalapeno diced (discard seeds)
- 1 green bell pepper seeds taken out and diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup Refried Beans (link to recipe below) 220g
- 1 cup water 235ml
Place the cumin, oregano, chili powder, cayenne, salt and black pepper into a small bowl and set aside for now. Prep and measure out the rest of the ingredients. This will make it super easy to throw together.
Heat a large pot over medium heat for two minutes and then add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes, adding a splash of water to the pot when they start to stick or look dry.
Add the garlic, corn, tomatoes, jalapeno, green bell pepper, lime juice and the spice mix that you made earlier, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the beans and stir until they are all mixed up with the veggies. Add the water and stir again.
Turn down the heat to low, place a lid on the pot and gently simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Wishing you a happy week. May it be filled with putting your health first and giving your beautiful body a second chance.
P.S. Want more Dirty in your life? Sign up for my Saturday Fuckery right here. I’ll send you inspiration, and yummy recipes to help you eat more plants every week! You’ll also get my Whole Food Plant Based recipe ebook for free when you sign up. Them apples are pretty dang sweet, yo!