By Molly Patrick
Oct 26, 2019
So! You want to eat more plant based. Awesome idea, you beautiful human – plants are going to rock your world so hard. And congrats because you happened to stumble upon the best plant based resource out there. From the best plant based Facebook group, to weekly plant based meal plans, to cheerleading, to recipes, to inspiration, to food and movement like you’ve never known– we’ve got you covered.
One of the biggest hurdles for most people when they transition to a whole food plant based diet is that they feel alone on the journey. They might be gung-ho about chowing down on veggies, fruit, whole grains, beans, legumes, nuts, and seeds, but the people around them? Maybe not so much.
They might get stink eye from their co-workers when they skip the burgers and instead, whip out their own broccoli medley rice bowl.
They might get shit from their partner when they no longer nosh on chicken and cheese.
Their kids might go on strike when pizza night gets replaced with beans and greens night.
Their aunts, uncles, cousins, and parents might look at them like they have a third eye when they bring their own cheesy sauce made out of carrots and potatoes.
Their friends might stop inviting them to brunch because…bacon.
When we make big changes it helps to have support, encouragement, and guidance from people who have been through similar changes. That’s exactly what you will find when you join our Facebook group.
Check out the quick back story and inspiration behind the group in the video below!
I hope to see you over in the group!
Are you already in our private Facebook group? Talk to us in the comments below and tell us what you love about it!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 10 minutes (65 g)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olive brine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled and left whole (1 teaspoon minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (about 10 turns)
- 1/3 cup water (80 ml)
- Drain the cashews and discard the soaking water. Place the cashews into your blender, along with the rest of the ingredients, and blend until super creamy and smooth.
- Store in your fridge.
Wishing you a happy week. May it be filled with people who understand.