Clean Food Dirty Girl is hiring a kick-ass support person. If you want to help do good in the world while being part of an awesome team, read on!
This is a remote, part-time, 1099 position.
Initial commitment is 10 hours per week and starting pay is USD $20 per hour.
You will love working with us if you resonate with our mission, manifesto, and values.
We help people eat more plants while celebrating human imperfection.
We strive to keep things simple and not over-complicate our work. We have many balls up in the air at any given time, and it’s our job to make sure the ball gets to the goal. We take our work seriously but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We laugh at ourselves often.
We move fast and tweak as we go. We’re not perfect and we learn from our mistakes. We prefer to do the work instead of talking about doing the work. We pay close attention to details and will always speak up if we see something is off, regardless of who’s responsible.
We don’t like putting out fires or having emergencies, so we strive to plan well. We focus on solutions, not problems. We work from home and we have no shame in wearing pajamas to work if we feel like it, but that will never affect the quality of the work we produce. We are kick-ass at our jobs and take great pride in what we do.
Everything supports our Mission. We love delighting our customers and over-delivering. Not all of us are plant based, but we all believe in the power of eating plants.
This position is for you if:
- You have at least 2 years of experience in customer support, especially virtual.
- You have at least 2 years of experience working online, especially remotely.
- You embrace technology and get excited about learning new systems and ways of doing things.
- You have a reliable computer and high-speed internet at your house.
- You are knowledgeable about plant-based eating.
- You have no problem jumping in as needed.
- You can work on weekends.
- The idea of growing with a company and being with them long-term excites you.
- You are totally fine keeping track of your own schedule and don’t need to be micromanaged.
- You have excellent communication, writing, and grammar skills.
- You consider yourself a problem-solver who doesn't get frustrated when you don’t understand something. Instead, you look at it as an opportunity to develop your skill-set and grow as a human.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and you aren't afraid to voice your opinion and collaborate with a virtual team.
- You are super organized and detail-oriented in a virtual environment.
- You are super reliable.
- You have a brain for processes and you’re always looking to improve efficiency.
The following hard skills are a must (there will be a technical test):
- You are familiar with WordPress CMS.
- You have experience with CRM systems (we will train you on Ontraport, which we use, but an understanding of how a CRM system works is crucial).
- You are familiar with Slack and Trello.
- You have experience working with support help desks or communicating with customers online (we primarily use HelpScout).
- You are a pro with Google Drive/Suite and file-sharing tools like Dropbox.
If you say “yes” to the following, that would be the cherry on top!
- You‘re a Plant Fueled Life member.
- You have used Ontraport.
- You have graphic design experience.
- You have experience planning, creating, and executing social media campaigns and posts.
This position is NOT for you if:
- You get easily flustered by a lot of things going on at the same time.
- You don’t take responsibility for how you feel or your mistakes.
- You do not live in the United States or Canada.
- You want to work from home, but technology scares and frustrates you.
- You bring personal drama into your work life.
- You want a side job so you can “start your own thing.”
- You’re more of a free spirit than a process-oriented person.
- You are offended by swearing.
- You don’t like working closely with a team.
Hours and Availability
After training, we will initially need you to be available for about 10 hours each week, mostly spread between Saturday and Sunday, but likely with a couple of weekday hours. The weekday hours will depend on your availability. Future hours and schedules will be determined at a later time with your input.
You will be expected to help things run smoothly in our virtual office and assist in daily tasks as needed. Here are some examples of the kind of work you will be doing:
- Supporting our office team in handling customer service emails in a timely manner on the weekends. Customer needs vary but include technical issues and troubleshooting.
- Handling customer-related tasks through our CRM system. Tasks include analysis of customer accounts, and processing billing-related and cancellation tasks.
- Troubleshoot technical CRM issues when they come up.
- Support in editing and formatting emails and blog posts when needed.
- Helping plan, write, and post/schedule social media content.
- Following and managing internal processes.
- Support private Facebook group moderators when they have questions or find an issue.
- Perform a variety of admin and organizational-related tasks as necessary.
- There is a high likelihood of this position growing over time.
- This is a virtual position that involves no travel.
We are 100% women-led and we have an amazing virtual team. The core of Team Dirty is spread across Hawaii, Washington, Quebec, Colorado, Michigan, Utah, and South Carolina. We rely on online collaboration tools to communicate and get stuff done daily.
If this position sounds like a great fit for you, please apply below. This position won’t be open for long, so please apply soon. We have extremely low turnover and we don’t hire often.
Due to the level of responses we receive, we will not be responding to all applicants. If we feel you may be a good fit, we will contact you with next steps ASAP.
Thank you for your interest in working with us, we look forward to reviewing your application!
Magic Meal Planner
Create your own meal plans with our recipes. Save money and time every week.
Plant Based Recipes
The most delicious whole food plant based recipes anywhere, hands down.