If you want to start a CFDG Dirty Date in your city or town or just be a participant, follow the steps below and let the Dirty fun begin!..
1 // Request to join our CFDG Dirty Date private Facebook group (Be sure to answer all three questions when you request to join.)
2 // If you want to attend a CFDG Dirty Date but you don’t want to organize one, watch for updates in the FB group about a Dirty Date in your city or town.
3 // If you want to organize a CFDG Dirty Date in your city or town, contact us here and let us know a little about yourself and where you live. We will choose one organizer for each city / town and add additional organizers as needed. [NOTE: If your Facebook name or last name is different from your real name on the form, please let us know in the form]
4 // After we give you the green light to be a Dirty Date Organizer, pick a venue and reach out to them to see how many they can accommodate and how far in advance they need your reservation and number of people.
5 // Create an event for your Date in the CFDG Dirty Date Facebook group and tell people when the RSVP cut off date is. People will RSVP directly in the event.
6 // Announce your Date in the main CFDG Facebook group for any newbies in your area.
7 // Remind people about your Dirty Date in the weeks and days leading up to your Date. Get out your pompoms to get people excited about it!
8 // Have a fantastically fun Dirty Date with your local Dirties! Take pictures and then post them in the CFDG Dirty Date Facebook group and the main CFDG Facebook group.
9 // Decide on another Dirty Date if you're up for another. If you're not up for another, email us so we can choose another organizer.
Rules can be a drag.
These rules will keep our Dirty Dates as magical as a unicorn's ass, so read up!
- No separate private Facebook groups for meeting up with Dirties. We’re going to keep this super simple and keep it all in one spot.
- No selling anything or recruiting people for special “opportunities” (organizer or participants). If we find out you’re using Dirty Dates to try and sell products or services, we will be super annoyed and you will be booted from the group.
- No political or religious based Dirty Dates. This is about eating plants and meeting other Dirties. Plain and simple.
- This has nothing to do with romantic dating, this is about friendship in numbers. That said, if you happen to meet someone at a Dirty Date and the two of you fall in love with each other and get married, we expect a wedding invite!
Ideas for Dirty Dates
- Plant based restaurants.
- Restaurants with lots of vegan options.
- Potluck at a park (bring recipe card with ingredients of your dish in case someone has a food allergy).
- Hikes and Picnics (bring your own lunch).
- Or...you tell us! If you are an organizer and have a good idea, just email us and let us know!
Tips For Making Your CFDG Dirty Date a Success
- Plan your Dirty Date at least one month in advance.
- If you need / want a logo for your event or a Dirty Dates overview to share with the venue (or anyone else), email us ([email protected]) and we will share the Dropbox folder with you where you can scoop these things up.
- If you don’t want anyone to eat meat in front of you at your Dirty Date, choose an all vegan restaurant. Otherwise, ignore what other people are eating, that’s their business. (Remember! The whole point of CFDG is respecting that we are all at different places on this journey. We want to promote plants and open hearts, not be judgmental.)
*What CFDG Dirty Dates Are NOT About*
These gatherings are not about networking, selling, recruiting, gossiping, trading CFDG meal plan recipes to those not subscribed, hooking up, or bitching and complaining about life, religion or politics.
Positive vibes are the only vibes accepted.
We look forward to getting Dirty with you and seeing this amazing tribe meet in person!
Molly + Lyndsey