This is an easy no fail vegan cornbread recipe. You LITERALLY can’t screw it up (who else thinks of Rob Lowe EVERY TIME you hear that word?).
This recipe is on the sweet side. If you don’t do sweet in your cornbread, take out the sugar, baby. This goes with many things; chili, macaroni salad, soup or by itself with coffee or tea.
Oh, and if you need one more reason to try it out, have it be this:
“This goes in my “fuck yeah!” recipe binder. Thank you!” – Christine June Photography
Easy Vegan Blue Cornbread
Here’s what you need, lovers
2 cups canned, light coconut milk (475ml)
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (10ml)
2 cups organic blue cornmeal (225g)
1 cups whole wheat pastry flour (120g)
1/2 cup sugar (120g)
2 teaspoons baking soda (10g)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt (4g)
Here’s how to get ‘er done
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly oil a round 9 inch baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the coconut milk and the apple cider vinegar and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the coconut milk and apple cider vinegar mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.