We all have our personal irritations, right? The things that just rub us the wrong way (can we really be “rubbed” the right way? I guess in the form of a massage or in sexual ways “rubbing” can be a good thing, but there are very few people who I want “rubbing” me, period.)
We all have these annoyances and they’re as unique as each and every one of us (in all our sparkly, shiny, dazzling, epic glory)
Here’s a list of mine, in no particular order:
- Having my purse in the same room where I sleep. There is no logic in this and I can’t explain why. It’s just gross to me.
- Preachy Vegans. Enough said.
- Food bloggers who start out their post with “it’s such a _____ (insert: cold, hot, muggy, rainy, blustery, etc..) morning and I was craving something (Insert: warming, refreshing, cool, comforting, etc…). Why do food bloggers always carry on about the weather? It’s the equivalent of not having shit to say when you’re around your dad, uncle, co-worker, etc.. so you fill the silence with the latest weather pattern that’s due to roll in.
- Food bloggers that talk way too much about their pets, spouse and /or children. Food bloggers: I get it, I have a cat and I even mention him sometimes, but I’m not fooling myself into thinking people give two shits about him.
- Adults who whine, play victim and /or don’t take responsibility for themselves.
- Air conditioning (if it’s above 100° outside then a little is okay but what’s up with people keeping their houses like ice boxes?)
- Bland vegan food (because why? It doesn’t have to be.)
It’s a strange little list, but it’s my list.
The recipe that I’m sharing with you today is stuff that wet dreams are made of.
It’s simple, healthy and exploding with flavor (because again, vegan food shouldn’t be bland. Unless you’re a monk and you can’t have garlic and onions, and then it’s okay)
Whole Food Plant Based Gingery Carrot Cashew Paté
no oil / no gluten / no soy
2 cups carrot, chopped into large pieces (315g)
1 cup cashews, soaked in water for at least 1 hour (135g)
1/4 cup tahini (50g)
1/4 cup lemon juice (59ml)
1 tablespoon peeled and grated ginger (15g)
1/2 cup cilantro, stems and leaves (packed /10g)
1/2 teaspoon salt (4g)
- Place the carrots in the food processor and process until there are no big chunks.
- Drain the cashews and place them in the food processor, along with the tahini, lemon juice, ginger, cilantro and salt.
- Process until mixture is completely smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Add salt to taste if needed.
You can spread this on yummy bread or, for you gluten free beauties out there, slap it on cucumber rounds, or in romaine leaves.
Now I want to know, what annoys you? Tell me in the comments below, let’s dive in.
Are you grooving to my jam? Sign up here for my Saturday emails and free Whole Food Plant-Based recipe ebook. Pucker up!